ARTICLE (7/19/2021): Toward a National System of Expanded Testing of Existing Urine Specimens: The Drug Outbreak Testing Service (DOTS); Eric D. Wish, Amy S. Billing, Kimberley Heine, Marwa F. Al-Nassir, Ebonie C. Massey, Margaret Hsu & E. Erin Artigiani
Up to 20 de-identified urine specimens were submitted to DOTS and sent to an independent laboratory for testing for approximately 240 licit and illicit drugs, including synthetic opioids and other new psychoactive substances.
DOTS test results are provided for epidemiologic purposes only. Results are not for clinical use or legal proceedings.
Press Release: DOTS: Initial Studies Released
- Issue 1 - DOTS Methodology
- Issue 2 - Baltimore - Midtown
- Issue 3 - King County Medical Examiner
- Issue 4 - Montgomery County, Maryland
- Issue 5 - Palm Beach, Florida - MAT Program
- Issue 6 - Vermont - Aspenti
- Issue 7 - Corpus Christi, TX - Charlies Place
- Issue 8 - District of Columbia - Pretrial Services Agency
- Issue 9 - Annapolis and Glen Burnie, Maryland - Stepping Stones
- Issue 10 - Portland, Oregon - OHSU
- Issue 11 - Maryland - Prince Georges Hospital Center (PGHC)